Copyright      Wrentham Parish Council

Welcome to Wrentham

DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT

DRAFT Minutes of the most recent Parish Council Meeting - not yet ratified

Minutes of the Meeting of Wrentham Parish Council

held at the Village Hall at 7.30pm on Monday 23rd October 2017


Present: The Chairman – Mr Ian Watson

Councillors – Miss Alison Evans, Mr David Fletcher, Mr Kevin Cross, Mr Roger Middleditch, Mr Keith Perry, Mr Paul Tyack

The Clerk – Mrs Frances Bullard

Suffolk County Council – Cllr Tony Goldson

Waveney District Council – not present

2 members of public at start of meeting

  OPEN FORUM

The Chairman welcomed all, he spoke about email exchanges earlier in the day and asked that all remain professional & stick to facts to allow a productive meeting.


Mr Robinson spoke re flooding of the A12/The Lane.  He has shared a video and photos with all.  He has now been told, by the new Highways Dept, that remedial work will take place in 2018/19 having been previously advised it would be in 2017/18.  Mr Robinson showed a diagram which demonstrated the flow of water and location of drains.  The issue dates back to at least 2004, possibly 2001.


Mr Perry said that he understands when flooding takes place this also causes raw sewage to disperse into The Lane and in turn into the River Wren.


Cllr Goldson said he too is very disappointed to be told this work will not happen until 2018/19.


The Clerk asked if there is any way to have the problem reprioritised to allow the work to be done sooner.  Cllr Goldson asked that the request be emailed to him, along with supporting evidence.  The Clerk will do this, also copying in the Environment Agency & Highways.


Mr Cross said we should also look at other areas of flooding, Church Corner, Priory Road etc, perhaps we should prioritise budget differently to support flood prevention.


Open Forum closed.


1  APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

 Apologies were received and accepted from Mr Mark Buxton, Mrs Caroline Grantham, Mr David Reeves & Mrs Nuala Wilson.  The Clerk confirmed that Mr Dale Goldsmith has now resigned from the Council.  She will process forms with WDC.


Mr Cross asked if we have reasons for apologies – The Clerk confirmed we do.


2  PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS

All as Sole Trustee of Village Hall.

Mrs Hutson item 4.5


3  MINUTES OF PC MEETING HELD 18th SEPTEMBER 2017

The minutes of the PC Meeting held on 18th September 2017, having previously been circulated, were proposed as a true record by Mr Middleditch & seconded by Mr Fletcher - All in favour – a copy was signed by The Chairman.


4  MATTERS ARISING


5  HIGHWAY  ISSUES

  5.1  VAS Monthly Data – Data has not yet been shared.

  5.2  ‘Gated’ or improved signage on A12 – The Clerk has reported through the online reporting system as requested.  Cllr Goldson confirmed all issues are being looked at.

Mrs Grantham had asked that speeding in Chapel Road be raised & wondered if the 30mph limit could be extended.  Mr Cross confirmed there is already a 30mph limit in place along the whole of Chapel Road.  Mrs Grantham also suggested that the double yellow lines could be extended from in front of the fire station to the Bonsey Gardens junction – Mr Fletcher said currently people park on the double yellow lines as there seems to be no enforcement.  Cllr Goldson said parking enforcement will be handed over for civil enforcement in the next couple of years.  The Clerk will add this to the Highways map.

  8.4  Email from Mr Pearson re Speeding on Southwold Road - Brought forward – Cllr Goldson has been in touch with Mr Pearson to say the recording of vehicles and storage of data is illegal.  He has suggested Mr Pearson link in with Community Speedwatch to try and tackle the problem.  The ANPR trial has started in Spexhall and if successful it is hoped this will roll out to other parishes.   


6  PLANNING   

  6.1  DC/17/4102/FUL  – 10 The Lane - Plans were shared and discussed – Recommendation that permission be granted was proposed by Mrs Hutson, seconded by Mr Fletcher, all in favour.  The Clerk will respond to WDC.

  6.2  DC/17/4329/TCA  – 21 Southwold Road - Plans were shared and discussed – Recommendation that permission be granted was proposed by Miss Evans, seconded by Mr Fletcher, all in favour.  The Clerk will respond to WDC.

  6.3  DC/17/3456/FUL – Notification received of permission granted.

  6.4  DC/17/3297/FUL – Notification received of permission granted.

  6.5  DC/17/3031/LBC – Notification received of permission granted.

  6.6  Any further Planning Applications Received –

None.  

 

7  FINANCE

  7.1  Balance at Bank – £22,053.39

Business Saver Account (WRAC) (Lions donation) - £1000.00.  

Current Account - £16,462.57

Business Saver  Account (CIL) - £4590.82

The Clerk confirmed SAGE balances with Bank Statements.

   7.2  Account received from Bus Shelter Cleaner - £55

   7.3  Clerks salary.  Clerks expenses of £17.39

   7.4  HMRC payment – £53.00

  7.5  Invoice from Polycastle for front doors of Village Hall - £1895.00 – The Clerk confirmed she will transfer this from the Business Saver (CIL) account to the Current account.

  7.6  Deposit for Waveney Norse for Litter Pick equipment - £25.00

  7.7 To set a date for Finance Committee Meeting to discuss 2018/19 Precept – it was agreed that the Finance Committee would meet ahead of the next PC Meeting at 6.30pm on Monday 20th November 2017.

  7.8  Any other accounts received –

    7.8.1  Invoice received from Mr G Buckingham for grass cutting at the Village Hall - £267.50.  The Chairman asked that The Clerk contact Dr Drane to ensure this amount is correct & that work has been done to his satisfaction before releasing the cheque.

The Clerk explained that as she was on Jury Service post dated cheques were raised for October payments of Clerks Salary, Bus Shelter Cleaning & HMRC at the September meeting.  Above payments 7.2 to 7.8.1 proposed by Mr Watson & seconded by Mrs Hutson.  All in favour.  Cheques signed by The Chairman & Mrs Hutson.


8  CORRESPONDENCE

  8.1  WDC Car Parking Consultation – Documents have been previously shared.  No reponse required.

  8.2  WDC Annual Rough Sleeper Count – The Clerk to submit a nil return.


  8.3  Fundraising Letter from DIAL – After discussion, a donation of £50 was proposed by Miss Evans, seconded by Mr Fletcher, all in favour – a cheque was raised and signed by The Chairman and Mrs Hutson.

  8.4  Email from Mr Pearson re Speeding on Southwold Road – dealt with under item 5.

  8.5  Any other correspondence received –

    8.5.1  Email from HMRC re payments – The Clerk advised that from 15th December 2017 HMIC payments can no longer be paid via the Post Office.  She will explore options.

    8.5.2  The Clerk advise the Annual SALC Report and AGM Minutes have been received – she will file these.

    8.5.3  Invitation from WDC to their Christmas Carol Service – The Clerk confirmed The Chaiman is invited to attend on Friday 8th December at 6pm.

    8.5.4  Emails from Mr Robinson re flooding of the A12/The Lane –  Dealt with during the Open Forum.


9  ANY OTHER BUSINESS

  9.1 Miss Evans invited all to the Remembrance Service at St Nicholas Church at 10.50am on 12th November 2017.  Wrentham Band will be in attendance.

  9.2  Date to be set for Clerk’s Annual Appraisal.


10  DATE OF NEXT MEETING –

Monday 20th November 2017 – 7.30pm – preceded by a Finance Committee Meeting at 6.30pm.


There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.14pm