Copyright      Wrentham Parish Council

Welcome to Wrentham

Planning & Finance Meeting Minutes


Minutes of the Meeting of Wrentham Parish Council Finance Committee held at the Village Hall

at 6.30pm on Monday 17th October 2016


Present: The Chairman – Mr Ian Watson

Councillors – Mr David Reeves, Mrs Lucinda Hutson, Mr Keith Perry

The Clerk – Mrs Frances Bullard


1  APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies for absence were received & accepted from Mr David Fletcher.


2  DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

All as Sole Trustees of the Village Hall.  

Mr Perry& Mr Reeves as members of the Village Hall Management Committee.  


3  CURRENT FINANCIAL POSITION  

Mr Watson issued a SAGE report which shows all is in order year to date.


Mr Watson issued a Budget spreadsheet showing year to date figures and a draft budget for 2017/18.  This shows all anticipated income and expenditure, including requests for support from the VHMC.


The budget sheet was analysed and discussed with the following being noted


 Youth Club – approx. £2000 is needed per year to pay Youth Workers invoices.  The balance is currently £638.97 which has come from subs and donations. This is an area of concern and fundraising will be required.  The Clerk has been in touch with the Youth Workers and asked them to submit invoices quarterly as agreed.

 Clerks Appraisal conducted by Mr Watson, Mr Reeves & Mrs Hutson.  Role and salary reassessed using documents from NALC.  It is proposed that the Clerk’s salary move from SP18 to SP22 from 1.10.016.  This will be taken to the full PC Meeting for approval.

 The Clerk to cancel mobile phone contract (£7.50 per month) and is happy to use her own phone for PC work.

 

4  SUPPORT TO VILLAGE HALL

Mr Reeves said some projects have been completed and paid for by VHMC.  Mrs Maureen Reeves, VHMC Treasurer, is currently getting papers in order and will submit invoices for payment.  She will also pass copies of invoices to The Clerk to allow VAT to be reclaimed in due course.  


Mr Perry said there is a panto arranged for 3.1.16 – funds will go to the Village Hall.


Computer Club – this is going will with approx. 10 attending each week.  After discussion it was proposed by Mrs Hutson that PC will continue to pay for wifi at the hall until April 2017, seconded by Mr Reeves, all in favour.


The Finance Committee agreed it was important for the PC to support the Village Hall and maintain a valuable asset for the village.  Support to continue as previously agreed & reflected on the budget sheet.


5  INITIAL FORECAST OF PARISH PRECEPT 2017/18

In order for the Parish Council to continue to be effective and able to support requests from the community, as well as maintaining the agreed level of reserves, a Precept of £14,650 was proposed by Mr Perry, seconded by Mr Reeves, all in favour.  This will be reported to the full PC Meeting.


6  RISK ASSESSMENT

The Chairman spoke re Procedures and Policies which are in place to ensure we have adequate financial controls – SAGE – 2 signatories on cheques – Finance Meetings etc.  These were proposed as adequate by Mrs Hutson, seconded by Mr Watson, all in favour.  This will be reported to the full PC Meeting.


7  ANY OTHER BUSINESS

  7.1  Mr Watson reminded all that the budget sheet is for internal use and not to be shared or placed on social media sites.

  7.2  The Clerk spoke re CIL & S106 monies – S106 balance is £5366.57.  We are due to receive our first CIL payment of £5590.28.  This will mean we have to produce an annual report showing how this is being used.  The Clerk will progress this.

  7.3  The next Finance Meeting will be in March 2017.


There being no further business the meeting closed at 7.24pm



Minutes of the Meeting of Wrentham Parish Council Finance Committee held at the Village Hall

at 6.30pm on Monday 16th May 2016


Present:    The Chairman – Mr David Reeves

Councillors – Mr David Fletcher, Mrs Lucinda Hutson, Mr Keith Perry, Mr Ian Watson

                        The Clerk – Mrs Frances Bullard

1  APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

None

2  DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

All as Sole Trustees of the Village Hall.  

Mr Perry & Mr Reeves as a members of the Village Hall Management Committee.

3  EXTERNAL AUDIT

4  TRANSPARENCY CODE

The Clerk to collate & publish all necessary data on the website by 1.7.16

5  ANY OTHER BUSINESS

  5.1  An email from Dr Drane regarding work at the Village Hall was noted & discussed.   The estimate for work totals £3050 and the PC have allowed £3700 in their budget for the year.  Mr Watson said there may be additional work, ie uplighters and heating in the main hall.  The Clerk will arrange a meeting between the PC & VHMC on 20.6.16 ahead of the main PC Meeting.  The Clerk will contact Mr Eric Sewell and ask him to attend as  Youth Worker.

  5.2  Mr Perry spoke re the Community Cinema – he distributed the email address which people can contact to find out details of forthcoming films – whatson@wvhc.org.uk


There being no further business the meeting closed at 7.15pm