Copyright      Wrentham Parish Council

Welcome to Wrentham

What was a Grocer’s, Post Office,

Reading Room, Coffee House & Town Hall

(now a Fish & Chip Shop, Sewing Shop and 4 private houses)

Southwold Road

Looking South just beyond

Nos 1-9

Southwold

Old Photographs

Coloured Photo of Wrentham C 1980 Sadd’s Grocery Shop has the sunshades down. This is now ‘Stove Solutions’ The United Reformed Church (The Chapel) Built in 1778 The cottages on the left have since been demolished Five Cross Ways  under Snow 1996 The National School (Wrentham  Primary School) in London Road Opened in 1834 & Closed in 1992 Southwold Road viewed from  Five Cross Ways junction  (May 1900) No.  1 was the Doctors No. 5 was the King’s Head Public House Tower Mill can be seen in the distance King George 6th  and Wrentham Parish Clerk’s Uncle on  Southwold Beach Five Cross Ways 3 High Street was a Confectioner’s & Grocers 5 High Street was a Telegraph / Post Office 7 High Street was a Coffee House &  Reading Room (library) (note the iron  railings removed in the war) 5) Looking North     past ‘The Spread Eagle’    (Once a coaching Inn )     - now  accommodation 4) ‘Wrentham Stores’ in the  High Street 2) Further on - Easey & Son     (Saddlers and Harness Makers)     is on the right. 3) Looking further North      towards  S. G. Sawyer’s         Garage Southwold Road from the South

Click to return

to Home Page

Lilly & Son, Builders

Annual Outing 1904